You guys! How long has it been since I’ve done a Thursday Things post?! Too long, I know. We have had so much crap going on with traveling and what not, that I just haven’t felt like I had anything to talk about. But, who am I kidding, I’ve saved up all of my ramblings for several weeks now, juuuust for you. You’re welcome.
- Until a few days ago, when my husband brought it up, I totally forgot that my birthday is in a couple of weeks. The big 2-5. Most people who have food allergies end up making themselves desserts like this (tell me that I’m not alone), so I need suggestions on what kind of cake to make! It’s going on the blog, so I want to know what you want to see. And… go!
- I just about died laughing when I read this. SO true.
- So this is why my eye has been twitching! It seriously needs to stop, I’m about to go insane.
- I got an ice cream maker! And I am lame and WAY too excited about it. I made two batches of ice cream within 3 days. And Kenny and I may or may not have finished it off all by ourselves. Don’t judge. I’m still trying to perfect the texture, but something awesome will be on the blog soon!
- I’ve decided that I don’t ever want summer to end. There has been a whole lot of watermelon eating, patio reading, at-home date nights, traveling, and tons of other fun summer things happening that I don’t want to end. But part of the fun with the husband is about to come to a slight close because of fall camp. Bleh. Every other football wife that is reading this is nodding her head right now, because she knows that she is pretty much going to be without a husband for the next 5 months. Oh, fall camp, you are not our friend. Buuut, I guess it is just getting one step closer to football season, which is always so much fun.
- Things you should always buy at the flea market or garage sales. Genius, I need to keep this in mind!
- I need your help! My little herb garden is dying. Correction, it’s already dead. I don’t know what the heck happened. All of my herbs were doing well for a while, and then all of a sudden they started to turn brown and shrivel up. I was watering like I always had, and they were only getting about a half of a day’s worth of sun, just like I was told. Apparently, the sun here in Lubbock burns plants and vegetables a bit, so I didn’t put them in direct sunlight all day. HELP! What should I do to revive them?
- I want to take a reader poll. I’m going to be doing a full site redesign over the next few weeks, and I want your input! I want to know what you guys want to see more of. Certain kinds of recipes? More nutritional information about specific foods? New categories? A new series? Suggestions on specific website features? Anything your little heart desires, I want to know! And… go!
And now a little link love…
These salted maple cayenne pecans would make the perfect snack. Snacks are my favorite.
I need a gluten-free version of this savory rosemary biscotti in my life.
Balsamic watermelon chicken salad = summer
I think I want to swim in these mint mojito lattes.
I will be face planting into these mango habanero black bean tacos this weekend.