Cranberry Coconut Protein Energy Bites are a perfect pick-me-up snack! Made with only 6 ingredients, they’re loaded with creamy almond butter, vegan protein powder, sweet cranberries, and shredded coconut.
Having energy bites and snack balls in the fridge is pretty much essential in our house. My husband and toddler are snack aficionados, and these come in CLUTCH every single time we are running low on fresh fruits and vegetables. I almost always have some type of nut butter and a protein powder on hand, so these happen often.
You can get so creative with energy bites! Don’t have nut butter? No biggie, sub in some dates. No cranberries? It’s okay, throw in some raisins or dried cherries. I actually make energy bites out of dates, almonds, and cacao powder ALL THE TIME. Those chocolate’y dates get me every time.
INGREDIENTS FOR CRANBERRY COCONUT PROTEIN ENERGY BITES ->
- ALMOND BUTTER – You can use any type of nut butter you want for these, but I love the subtle flavor of almond butter. Peanut stands out a bit more, but is equally delicious. The nut butter helps to bind everything together, and provides healthy fats to keep you full.
- GROUND FLAXSEED – Flax is one of my favorite seeds to add to energy bite because of the earthy flavor and healthy fats.
- VANILLA PROTEIN POWDER – I used a vegan protein, but you can use anything you have on hand. Adding protein to your snacks helps to balance your blood sugar and keep you full between meals.
- UNSWEETENED SHREDDED COCONUT – I love all things coconut, and I figured cranberry and coconut would go perfectly together in this!
- DRIED CRANBERRIES – If you are wanting to lower the sugar even more, you can leave out the dried fruit, but the dried cranberries are AMAZING in this.
- MAPLE SYRUP – You could sub honey for the maple if you want, but I highly recommend the maple. It gives the bites a really great flavor.
HOW TO MAKE ENERGY BITES ->
You can totally throw everything into a food processor and blend it up until it comes together. But I wanted to make this recipe as simple as possible, so it works just as well to dump everything into a big bowl and stir it right up! You start with a wooden spoon, and then once everything starts to come together, then take your hands and knead it as you would a dough. This helps everything to really incorporate, and distribute evenly.
You will be rolling them into balls with your hands anyways, so you might as well get in there!
I hope you love these cute little snack balls as much as my two year old does! They are a perfect snack to grab from the fridge, or even take them on the go for an easy pick-me-up!
Cranberry Coconut Protein Energy Bites
- ⅓ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed
- ⅓ cup vegan vanilla protein powder
- ⅓ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl, and use a wooden spoon to stir everything together. Once it just starts to mix well, use your hands and knead it as you would a dough.
- Just knead it with your hands a few times, until everything is evenly incorporated.
- Take about 1 tbsp portions, and roll the dough in the palm of your hands to make a ball. Repeat with the rest of the dough.
- Store in the fridge for up to a week.
Looking for more snack ideas?
- Pumpkin Pie Energy Bites
- Peanut Cacao Energy Balls
- Lemon Poppy Seed Energy Bites
- Cashew Lime Date Balls