Baked Eggs with Kale & Zucchini Noodles is an easy one-pan meal that is perfect for breakfast or brunch! Packed with beautiful vegetables and eggs, it will be sure to impress.
This is one of those meals that looks so beautiful and impressive, but takes very little effort to pull it off. It showcases delicious spring and summer vegetables and adds a punch of protein from the eggs. It is the perfect meal to serve if you are having friends over for brunch because it is easy and looks amazing being served right in the center of the table.
Ingredients for Baked Eggs with Kale & Zucchini Noodles
- Eggs – I love to use pasture-raised, organic eggs because there are more nutrients, and the yolk is a much deeper yellow color, which makes the dish even more beautiful.
- Kale – I like to use curly kale for this because it wilts up a little bit better, but feel free to use lacinato kale too.
- Zucchini – You are going to use a vegetable peeler or spiralizer to make pretty zucchini noodles to nestle into the kale and tomatoes.
- Cherry Tomatoes – The tomatoes burst and give off so much great flavor! And they add beautiful color!
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – Olive oil or avocado oil are my go-to oils of choice for a dish like this.
- Fresh Garlic – You can also use garlic powder if you don’t have fresh garlic on hand, but I do prefer to chop up a couple of cloves for this.
- Salt & Pepper – The staples that bring out so much flavor, we are keeping it simple with the seasonings.
What To Serve with a Baked Egg Dish
- thick pieces of crusty sourdough bread, and use the bread to soak up that runny yolk!
- serve it with tortillas on the side and your guests can build their own tacos!
- with crispy roasted potatoes!
- if you’re trying to keep it lower carb, serve it alongside breakfast sausage and a good quality cheese.
Looking for more brunch recipes?
- Caramelized Apple, Onion & Sweet Potato Hash
- Blueberry Almond Oatmeal Parfait
- Gluten-Free Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes
- Gluten-Free Cinnamon Rolls
- Asparagus & Goat Cheese Frittata
Baked Eggs with Kale & Zucchini Noodles
- 4 large eggs
- 4 cups kale , chopped
- 1 ½ cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 large zucchini
- 2 cloves garlic , finely chopped
- 2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp each, salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Also, preheat a large cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Add the oil to the pan, then add the tomatoes and stir occasionally for 3-4 minutes, until they start to blister and soften up a bit. Add the chopped garlic, and stir for another minute or so.
- Add the chopped kale and stir for another 1-2 minutes, until it starts to slightly wilt, then remove the pan from the heat. Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Use a vegetable peeler or spiralizer to make zucchini noodles. If you are using a vegetable peeler, chop off the ends of the zucchini, and then make long strokes all the way down until you get close to the center where the seeds are. Once you get to the center, turn your zucchini and keep doing that all the way around. (you can save the center of the zucchini to chop up and use in stir frys or even smoothies)
- Add the zucchini noodles to the pan and use tongs to stir them into the tomatoes and kale.
- Use your tongs or a wooden spoon to move the kale mixture around to make 4 holes or 'nests' to crack the eggs into. Crack an egg into each hole, season with a pinch of salt and pepper, then carefully transfer the skillet to the preheated oven.
- Bake 5-6 minutes for a slightly runny yolk, or 7-8 minutes for a harder yolk.
- You can serve it straight from the pan!