Iced Maca Chai Latte
I think I found my new favorite summer drink, the ICED MACA CHAI LATTE.
I mean, my favorite is always and forever going to be the cold brew latte, but this one comes in at a close second. It has been about 1000 degrees in Texas lately, so I am drinking all of the cold, refreshing drinks I can get my hands on.
The chai spices give it a little kick, but the cold, sweet creaminess gives a nice balance, SO perfect for hot days. I used coconut sugar and almond milk in mine, but you can use whatever sweetener and milk you would like. But my secret weapon in this recipe is definitely the MACA.
Let me tell you a little bit about maca –>
- it is an adaptogen, which means it helps the body naturally adapt to stressors
- it is very high in nutrients, and has a higher calcium level than milk
- it has a positive effect on hormones
- gives you sustained energy, stamina, and focus
- boosts the immune system
Amazing, right?! I put it in almost all of my smoothies because it goes with pretty much any flavor, and actually has a really pleasant caramel-like flavor itself. It doesn’t overpower your smoothie, and I LOVE the flavor that it lends to this chai latte.
If you don’t have maca on hand, you can always make it without the maca, but I highly recommend it. Not just for the health benefits, but for the flavor as well. This drink has been on repeat in my kitchen lately, and I really think you guys are going to love it.
If you make it, show me! Tag me on Instagram and hashtag #thewheatlesskitchen, I love to see your creations!
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1-2 tsp chai spice mix (depending on how strong you want it)
- 1-2 tsp maca powder
- 2 tsp coconut sugar
- large handful of ice
- In a jar with a tight fitting lid, combine the almond milk, chai spices, coconut sugar, and maca. Close the lid and shake it up to evenly incorporate the spices.
- Remove the lid, top with lots of ice, and enjoy!