This easy Spinach Artichoke Breakfast Casserole is a healthy make-ahead breakfast that is loaded with veggies and flavor! It is gluten-free, paleo, and is perfect to prepare for breakfast for the week.
Spinach Artichoke Breakfast Casserole Recipe
I love breakfast casseroles like this because they are so perfect when you don’t have extra time in the mornings to make breakfast. You can prepare this on the weekend, and have breakfast waiting for you on busy weekday mornings.
This Spinach Artichoke Breakfast Casserole is packed with veggies like spinach, artichokes, onion, and garlic. And then I added in some vegan mozzarella cheese for added flavor and creaminess. The cheese really makes it, so don’t skip it! You can use any type of cheese you want, it doesn’t have to be dairy-free, but mozzarella is amazing in this.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Eggs (I try to use organic, pasture-raised whenever possible, more flavor and nutrients!)
- Fresh spinach
- Canned artichoke hearts
- Fresh garlic
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Vegan Mozzarella (I used Trader Joe’s brand, but you can use any type of cheese you want)
- Salt & Pepper
What to serve with breakfast casserole
Dishes like this taste even better after they have sat in the fridge for a day or two, so they are perfect for meal prep. But meal prep can tend to get a little boring, so here are some ways to eat this casserole to mix it up a bit.
- Toast & Fruit – eat it alongside gluten-free toast (my favorite is Canyon Bakehouse) and your favorite fruit. Then you will get the sweet and savory combo!
- In a breakfast sandwich – Cut out a square or circle from the casserole and put it in between bread or an english muffin for the most perfect breakfast sandwich!
- With yogurt – Again with the sweet and savory. But this would be delicious alongside a small yogurt bowl topped with fruit and granola.
- With a GF bagel – combine the protein with some carbs for more energy! Spread a little cream cheese or peanut butter on that bagel and enjoy.
- With a smoothie – If you want a true on-the-go breakfast, make a delicious smoothie, put it in a portable cup. Heat the casserole up in a glass container, and eat it on your way to work!
- With Brunch – If you are able to take a little more time for breakfast and eat at home, serve this casserole as a part of your brunch spread! It would go perfectly alongside pancakes, cinnamon rolls, and muffins!
Looking for more breakfast recipes?
Spinach Artichoke Breakfast Casserole
- 12 large eggs
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 large onion , diced
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 1 (14oz) can artichoke hearts , drained
- 2 cloves garlic , finely chopped
- 1 cup vegan mozzarella (any type of cheese will work)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. And also preheat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the olive oil to the pan, then add the onion and garlic. Saute for 3-4 minutes, until the onion starts to become translucent. Remove the pan from the heat, and add the spinach to wilt, stirring frequently.
- Once it is slightly wilted, add the artichokes and season all of the vegetables with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, and season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with non-stick spray, and transfer the veggies to the pan. Spread the veggies out in an even layer, and sprinkle the cheese all over the veggies. Then pour all of the eggs over the top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until the eggs are cooked through and start to puff up a bit. Don't let them brown too much, it will dry them out.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and let cool slightly before cutting into it.