This colorful Strawberry & Spinach Salad with Goat Cheese & Balsamic Vinaigrette is a perfect summer dish. Sweet strawberries go perfectly with tangy balsamic, topped with creamy goat cheese and crunchy walnuts.
This is the type of salad that goes perfectly with just about anything on your summer grilling menu. Whether you’re grilling up your favorite chicken or steak, or going for a full vegan feast with roasted potatoes, this salad is a winner. The sweetness of the strawberries is amazing when paired with savory dishes.
Strawberries and spinach are one of my favorite combos, but arugula works really well in this too. The creamy goat cheese and crunchy walnuts add so much texture and flavor, then top if off with the tangy vinaigrette, and this will impress your guests!
If you’re wanting to add some plant-based protein to add a little substance, roasted chickpeas are perfect on this! They add a nice crunch, almost reminiscent of croutons. I’m a little bias, but I recommend you make this roasted chickpea recipe.
Looking for more summer salad recipes?
- Summer Cucumber Salad
- Blueberry, Jicama & Arugula Salad
- Raw Veggie Noodle Salad with Thai Coconut Sauce
- Vegan Caesar Kale Salad & Roasted Chickpeas
Strawberry & Spinach Salad with Goat Cheese & Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 5-6 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1½ cups strawberries , sliced
- ½ cup walnuts , chopped
- 2 oz goat cheese
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- In a large mixing bowl (or large serving bowl), combine the spinach, strawberries and walnuts.
- To make the vinaigrette, combine the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper in a jar with a tight fitting lid. Give it a good shake for about 20 seconds.
- When ready to serve, pour your desired amount of vinaigrette onto the salad, and crumble the goat cheese over the top. Use tongs to toss it all together, and serve!