This Chopped Kale Salad with Grapes, Almonds & Dates is the perfect combination of sweet and savory flavors. Tossed in a lemon vinaigrette, it is delicious on its own, and also the perfect base for your favorite protein.
I love a good loaded salad with tons of different flavors and textures, and this salad has it all. It’s crunchy, creamy, tangy, and sweet, and all of the different flavors compliment each other SO well. It is also perfect for a make-ahead lunch or dinner option because it holds up really well. Just make sure you don’t add the vinaigrette until you are ready to serve in order to preserve that crunch from the kale.
You can also get creative and customize this type of salad to your liking. Here are some options!
- produce – if you aren’t feeling grapes and dates as the sweet component, then choose a different produce options. Any type of berries or even peaches would be great!
- nuts/seeds – if almonds aren’t your jam, the sunflower seeds, chopped walnuts, or any type of nut or seed will work!
- make it vegan – you can take out the goat cheese and replace it with a vegan alternative, or just leave out the cheese all together.
- add a protein – grilled chicken or salmon would be so perfect on top of this salad!
I hope you love this salad as much as I do!
Looking for more salad recipes?
- Ginger Sesame Chickpea Chopped Salad
- Roasted Red Potato & Asparagus Salad
- Strawberry & Spinach Salad with Goat Cheese & Balsamic Vinaigrette
Chopped Kale Salad with Grapes, Almonds & Dates
- 5 cups kale , stems removed and chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 5-6 medjool dates , pits removed and chopped
- 2/3 cup purple grapes , halved
- 1/3-1/2 cup goat cheese
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of salt & pepper
- In a large serving bowl, combine the kale, almonds, dates, and grapes.
- To make the vinaigrette, whisk together the lemon juice, vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and give it a good toss to combine. Crumble the goat cheese over top and serve!