This Roasted Red Potato & Asparagus Salad is a light and delicious summer meal. Crispy roasted potatoes and asparagus, on top of fresh romaine and a refreshing honey dijon dressing.
Salads are always a go-to meal during the summer. They’re refreshing, light, and so customizable. I love this one because you have the best of both worlds: crunchy raw veggies, and crispy roasted potatoes. You can get creative and sub in any type of greens you have, and even add a protein like chicken or salmon on top.
The crunchy romaine is always a staple in my quick salad recipes, and it works perfectly in this one. The honey dijon vinaigrette just sends the flavors over the top, though! I could put that stuff on pretty much anything.
You want to make sure you get your potatoes EXTRA crispy, it makes the texture combo to die for. Let them cook long enough to get nice and perfectly brown, crispy on the outside and a little soft on the inside.
You can serve this at lunch or dinner, bring it to your next potluck, or even to an outdoor picnic!
Looking for more salad recipes?
- Ginger Sesame Chickpea Chopped Salad
- Thai Peanut Cabbage Salad
- Roasted Beet & Blood Orange Salad
- Vegan Caesar Kale Salad & Roasted Chickpeas
Roasted Red Potato & Asparagus Salad
- 5-6 red potatoes , quartered
- 1 bunch of asparagus , stems removed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 head of romaine lettuce , chopped
- 2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3-4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet and season with 1-2 tbsp of olive oil and a pinch of salt. Toss to combine and spread them into an even layer. You want to spread them out as much as you can so that they will brown more evenly.
- Roast for 30-35 minutes, tossing with a spatula halfway through. This helps them get crispy on all sides.
- While the potatoes are roasting, prep the asparagus. Place the chopped asparagus on a baking sheet and season with a tbsp of olive oil, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Roast for 20 minutes, until slightly golden. You can put the asparagus in the oven when the potatoes are at their halfway point.
- To make the vinaigrette, add all of the vinaigrette ingredients to a jar with a tight fitting lid. Give it a good shake to combine.
- Chop up the romaine, arrange it on a platter or bowl and drizzle the vinaigrette over the greens. Toss to combine, then top with the roasted potatoes and asparagus.
- Serve and enjoy!