Strawberry Filled Chocolate Cups
These Strawberry Filled Chocolate Cups are a simple and dairy-free Valentine’s Day treat. Made with only 2 ingredients, everyone will love this decadent treat that is easy to make and require’s no baking!
Strawberries and chocolate really are the perfect match for Valentine’s Day. But rather than do the traditional chocolate covered strawberries, let’s mix it up and make chocolate cups!
But not just any chocolate cups, we are going to fill them with a delicious strawberry jam! These cute little chocolate cups only require TWO ingredients: dark chocolate chips + strawberry jam.
What is the best kind of chocolate for melting?
You can really use any type of chocolate you want, but I LOVE dark chocolate. I used the dark chocolate morsels from Enjoy Life because they are dairy-free.
Feel free to use a chocolate bar if you don’t have chips, just break it up into pieces first before melting. All you need to do is pour the chocolate into a microwave safe bowl and heat them for 30 second increments. Use a spoon to stir them every 30 seconds or so, this will prevent them from burning.
After the chocolate is completely melted, just spoon them into parchment or silicon molds.
How do you make chocolate molds?
All you need is some small chocolate cups, they can be the disposable parchment kind, or the reusable silicon ones that I used here. Just put them into a muffin tin, pour about a teaspoon amount of chocolate into the bottom, and spread it out to the sides.
Then just take about 1/2 teaspoon amount of your favorite strawberry jam, and dollop that right in the middle. Cover with another 1/2-1 teaspoon of chocolate, and let them harden!
Filling options for chocolate cups!
If you don’t love strawberry jam, or if you’re not making these for Valentine’s Day, then you can put whatever you want as the filling! Get creative with it and create different flavor combinations!
- PEANUT BUTTER
- MARSHMALLOWS (personal fave)
- DRIED CRANBERRIES
- SHREDDED COCONUT & SLICED ALMONDS
- COCONUT BUTTER
- YOUR FAVORITE JAM (any flavor)
- FRESH FRUIT (berries, banana slices, chopped apple…)
- PUMPKIN PUREE
THE OPTIONS ARE ENDLESS!
These Strawberry Filled Chocolate Cups are the perfect treat any time of year.
Looking for more chocolate desserts?
- Rocky Road Rice Krispie Treats
- [Grain-Free] Samoa Cookie Bars
- Chocolate Almond Butter Freezer Fudge
- Raw [Vegan] Chocolate Mousse Pie
FOLLOW ALONG! Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest for my latest recipes!
Strawberry Filled Chocolate Cups
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup strawberry jam
- flaky sea salt (to sprinkle on top)
- Pour the chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl, heat for 30 second increments. Use a spoon to stir the chocolate about every 30 seconds or so, this will prevent the chocolate from burning. This should take about 1.5-2 minutes total.
- Put your silicon or parchment molds into a muffin pan. Spoon about 1 teaspoon of the chocolate into the bottom of each mold, spreading it out to the sides.
- Next, spoon about 1/2 teaspoon of the strawberry jam in the middle of the chocolate. Then, spoon another teaspoon of the chocolate over the top of the jam.
- Put the chocolate cups in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to harden.
- When ready to serve, take them out of the molds and enjoy! Store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.