These easy and healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Eggs are made with only 6 ingredients! Making your own homemade copycat Reese’s eggs is so simple, and will become your new go-to Easter treat.
I’m pretty sure I could eat my weight in Reese’s eggs when I was a kid. Anything chocolate and peanut butter flavored was always my favorite, and that hasn’t changed.
These simple no-bake copycat Reese’s eggs are basically a healthier version of the childhood classic, but they are still SO DECADENT. They have an amazing salted peanut butter filling that is only sweetened with real maple syrup. No refined sugar here! Then the thin coating of vegan chocolate on the outside just finishes it off.
INGREDIENTS FOR HEALTHY CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER EGGS ->
- PEANUT BUTTER – use creamy natural peanut butter for this, you want it to be unsweetened and drippy.
- ALMOND FLOUR – adding a little almond flour in helps it to come together and become firm, also keeping it grain-free.
- MAPLE SYRUP – my favorite sweetener of all time! This keeps the filling free of refined sugar, and gives it a natural sweetness that is to die for.
- VEGAN CHOCOLATE CHIPS – I used Enjoy Life dairy-free chocolate chips to keep these vegan, but you can use whatever kind of dark chocolate chips you like.
- COCONUT OIL – this is melted with the chocolate, and it helps it to harden up when it cools.
- SEA SALT – the salt is essential! It elevates them from that childhood favorite, to something a little more fun.
You are going to LOVE these easy homemade chocolate peanut butter eggs! They are gluten-free, grain-free, and even the kids will devour them. They are so simple to make, I guarantee these will be your new go-to treat for Easter every year!
Looking for more dessert recipes?
- Raw Raspberry Tart with Coconut Cream
- Grain-Free Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes
- Almond Coconut Mini Bundt Cakes with Chocolate Glaze
- Gluten-Free Sugar Cookies
Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Eggs
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter *see notes
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips *see notes
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, add the peanut butter, almond flour, maple syrup, and salt. Use a wooden spoon to mix it all together until it turns into a thicker dough.
- Take about 1 tbsp of the filling and roll it into a ball in the palm of your hands. Then start forming it into an egg shape by placing the ball on a baking sheet, flattening it out with your fingers, and then use your fingers to start molding the top into a slight point. Just work with it until it resembles an egg shape.
- Repeat with the rest of the filling, and place the baking sheet in the fridge for at least 20 minutes to let them firm up.
- Once they are firm, it is time to cover them in chocolate. Start by adding the chocolate chips and coconut oil to a bowl, and microwave at 30 second increments until melted. Stir it about every 30 seconds to ensure it doesn't burn.
- Use two forks to dip the peanut butter egg into the chocolate, making sure that everything is getting completely coated. Transfer them to a wire rack (on top of another baking sheet) to let the excess chocolate drip off. Repeat with the rest of the eggs, and then put them back in the fridge to harden for at least 30 minutes.
- Once they are hardened, sprinkle them with a generous pinch of sea salt and enjoy!
- use natural peanut butter that is unsweetened, you want it to be creamy and drippy. the only ingredients should be peanuts and salt.
- I used Enjoy Life brand to keep them dairy-free.