Greek Pasta Salad is loaded with tomatoes, cucumbers, black olives, red onion, and crumbly goat cheese. Tossed in a delicious balsamic vinaigrette, it is a perfect summer dish!
Greek Pasta Salad
I grew up on pasta salad, it was one of my grandma’s staple recipes. She would make all different kinds of pasta salads -> everything from Greek, Italian, pesto, broccoli/mayo based, and more. I love that it is so versatile!
I went with the Greek version today because I love all of the flavors in Mediterranean dishes. All the crunchy things like cucumber and onion, juicy tomatoes, and tangy goat cheese are some of my favorite combos. And of course you have to have the balsamic vinaigrette, it makes the whole thing just so refreshing.
But we can’t forget about the pasta itself! I used my favorite quinoa pasta from NOW Foods because the texture and flavor are so great. I like to switch up the pastas that I use pretty frequently. It is a fun change up to use quinoa as my gluten-free pasta of choice rather than the usual brown rice pasta.
This is the type of dish that is perfect for the hot summer months. It comes together quickly, is refreshing and filling, and doesn’t heat up your kitchen.
Don’t forget to use code ‘CANDACE’ for 20% off all NOW Foods products!
What to Serve with Greek Pasta Salad
- Grilled Chicken
- Grilled or Broiled Salmon
- Mediterranean inspired soup
- You could make a whole Greek-inspired menu by pairing the pasta salad with sandwiches and salads
Tips for Pasta Salad
- Use a smaller pasta shape – I like using the penne shape for this because the vinaigrette and tiny goat cheese pieces gets all in those little nooks and crannies, really making the pasta super flavorful. You can also use macaroni or bowties.
- Cook the pasta al dente – You want to slightly undercook the pasta because when you add the dressing, it will soften it more. You don’t want it to get soggy!
- I prefer this pasta salad the same day it’s made, but it can totally be made ahead of time. It will last in the fridge for two to three days.
This post is in partnership with NOW Foods, all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting The Wheatless Kitchen and the partnerships that I do, I truly love NOW products and and thankful to work with them.
Looking for more summer salad recipes?
- Warm Zucchini & Corn Salad
- Summer Cucumber Salad
- Roasted Red Potato & Asparagus Salad
- Strawberry, Quinoa & Arugula Salad
Greek Pasta Salad
- 1 (8oz) pkg gluten-free penne pasta , I used NOW Foods quinoa pasta
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes , halved
- 1 1/2 cups english cucumber , chopped
- 3/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1/2 large red onion , diced
- 2 oz goat cheese , crumbled
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Fill a large pot with water, put it over medium heat, cover, and bring to a boil. Once boiling, salt the water with a large pinch of salt and add the pasta. Cook the pasta according to the box directions. Make sure you cook it 1-2 minutes less than the instructions to keep it al dente.
- Once the pasta is cooked, strain the pasta and set it aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, prep the veggies and add the tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, onion, and goat cheese to a large serving bowl. Then add in the cooled pasta.
- To make the dressing, combine the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, and basil to a jar with a tight fitting lid and give it a good shake to combine. Pour the dressing onto the pasta and gently stir until everything is evenly combined.
- Put the pasta salad in the fridge for at least an hour before serving. It is best eaten the day it is made, but does last in the fridge for two to three days.