Fudgy Flourless Tahini Brownies
Fudgy Flourless Tahini Brownies are nut-free, paleo, and don’t contain refined sugar. They are incredibly rich, studded with chocolate, and only require one bowl!
These are quite possibly the BEST brownies I have ever made. I know that’s a bold statement, but they are insane. It is one of those brownies that is so fudgy that it almost falls apart when it’s wormed up. Yep, THE BEST KIND.
I love using nut butter in flourless brownies because it makes them SO fudgy and rich. But I wanted to come up with a nut-free recipe for my friends with nut allergies, and tahini is the perfect substitute!
One of my favorite things about these brownies is that they are so low maintenance. You only need about 7 ingredients and one bowl to mix them in. They come together quickly and are a total crowd-pleaser. It’s a win win!
What is Tahini?
If you’ve ever made homemade hummus, the you know tahini is a key ingredient. But did you know that you can use it in baked goods?! It is similar to peanut butter, but it is made from sesame seeds, which makes it completely nut-free. It is basically just sesame paste, and lends a delicious earthy flavor to baked goods, and it is amazing in brownie recipes because it gives you an incredibly fudgy texture.
Ingredients for Fudgy Flourless Tahini Brownies
- TAHINI – Tahini is creamy and rich, and nut-free!
- MAPLE SYRUP – Maple gives a really great flavor to the batter, as well as helps keep the brownies moist.
- COCONUT SUGAR – Our main sweetener for these, coconut sugar is my favorite non-refined sugar to bake with.
- CACAO POWDER – For the chocolatey richness!
- VANILLA EXTRACT – Adds a nice depth of flavor.
- BAKING POWDER – To help the brownies rise and get slightly fluffy on top.
- EGGS – binder and fluffiness
- CHOCOLATE CHIPS – I added in chocolate chips in the batter as well as on top for that extra melty goodness.
Make these brownies when you’re having friends over, take them to your next summer BBQ, as a road trip snack, or eat them as a late night chocolate treat with some vanilla ice cream. They are versatile and always AMAZING.
Looking for more brownie recipes?
- Peanut Butter Swirl Chocolate Protein Brownies
- Mocha Almond Butter Brownies
- Flourless Mocha Brownies & Coconut Cacao Frosting
FOLLOW ALONG! Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest for my latest recipes!
Fudgy Flourless Tahini Brownies
- 1 cup creamy tahini
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup + 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips + a few more for the top
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the tahini, maple syrup, coconut sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract. Whisk until combined.
- Next, add the baking powder and cacao powder. Use a spatula or wooden spoon to mix the batter together until there are no clumps. It will be very thick. Then stir in the chocolate chips using a spatula or spoon.
- Spray an 8×8 glass baking dish with non-stick spray and pour the batter into the pan.
- Bake for 24-26 minutes, until they are just cooked through in the middle, but not overcooked. If you want a less fudgy texture, bake them for an additional 3 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let them sit on a wire baking rack to cool for at least 5 minutes before cutting into them.