5-Minute Single Serving Peach Crisp
This 5-Minute Single Serving Peach Crisp is ready in no time when you’re craving a quick and healthy dessert! A juicy peach topped with an oat and flax topping, and naturally sweetened with maple syrup.
I love an easy, quick and healthy single serving dessert. Sometimes you are craving something sweet, but just don’t want to have to make an entire cake, crisp, or batch of cookies.
During the summer, peaches are my go-to for this recipe because they are in season. But you can feel free use whatever kind of fruit you want. Berries, apples, nectarines, rhubarb –> get creative and use whatever you’re craving.
This is perfect for those times when you want something sweet and you want it NOW. It takes about 3 minutes to throw all of the ingredients together and another 2 to cook in the microwave. All you need are a few simple ingredients that I’m willing to bet you already have in your pantry.
Ingredients for 5-Minute Single Serving Peach Crisp
- a ripe peach – peaches are my favorite for this, but use any fruit that you have on hand!
- gluten-free whole oats – if you have celiac disease, make sure your oats are certified GF! I like using old-fashioned oats for this, but you can also use the quick cooking kind.
- ground flax seed – flax seed adds a nice flavor to the topping, and extra healthy fats and fiber!
- maple syrup – my favorite natural sweetener, maple flavor is so perfect with peaches.
- tapioca starch – a small amount of tapioca starch (also called tapioca flour) is sprinkled on the peach before adding the topping to help the peach juices thicken up, just like the filling in a peach pie.
- cinnamon – I can’t NOT use cinnamon in my peach crisp, it adds so much warmth.
- coconut oil – coconut oil helps the topping stick together a bit, and adds a nice subtle coconut flavor.
This recipe is for 1, but you can easily serve dessert in ramekins to your friends just by multiplying the ingredient amounts. So simple, decadent, and healthy.
Looking for more easy dessert recipes?
- (Grain-Free) Almond Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Strawberry Filled Chocolate Cups
- Vegan Banana Nutella Cookies
- Peanut Butter Swirl Chocolate Protein Brownies
FOLLOW ALONG! Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest for my latest recipes!
5-Minute Single Serving Peach Crisp
- 1 ripe peach
- 2 tbsp whole oats
- 1 tsp ground flaxseed
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp tapioca starch *see notes
- Chop up a peach into bite size pieces and place it in the bottom of a ramekin. Sprinkle the tapioca starch onto the peach and toss it around with a spoon until the peach is evenly coated.
- In a small bowl, combine the oats, flaxseed, cinnamon, and maple syrup. Stir to combine. Then add the coconut oil and use a spoon to mash it into the oat mixture until everything is evenly combined.
- Spread the oat mixture on top of the peach and microwave on high for 2 minutes. (you can go as high as 3 minutes if you are putting more than one ramekin at a time)
- Use a towel or oven mitt to remove from the microwave and let it cool for about 2 minutes before eating. Top with whipped cream or ice cream for an added treat!
- tapioca starch is also called tapioca flour (just in case you aren’t finding the starch in some grocery stores)
Single-serve desserts are really the best: easy to make, healthy and filling, and the perfect satisfying treat at the end of the day. Just got some fresh peaches, and excited to try this soon!
Definitely! I hope you love it! 🙂