This Healing Orange & Turmeric Smoothie is packed with nourishing ingredients that will support your immune system. It is deliciously sweet and creamy, and is the perfect breakfast or afternoon snack!
Smoothies are something that I love to keep in the rotation year round. They’re great in the summer months because they’re cold and refreshing, but they can also be very beneficial during cold and flu season because you can really pack a lot of nutrients into one small glass.
It is easy to get lots of nutrition into a smoothie when you use superfood powders, leafy greens, nuts/seeds, protein powders, and nutrient-dense fruit and veggies. You don’t have to use all of these things at the same time, but it is so fun to mix it up and come up with new smoothie concoctions.
This Healing Orange & Turmeric Smoothie is so perfect for supporting your immune system because it contains vitamin C from oranges, healthy fats from ground flax seed, and tons of antioxidants from turmeric. Oh, and it’s made suuuper creamy by some Nut Pods Oatmilk Creamer that I threw in there just for fun.
And I didn’t use just any turmeric powder in this smoothie, I took it up a notch by using Organifi GOLD Tea. This stuff is a game changer for immunity!
Benefits of Organifi GOLD Tea
This amazing powder has an array of health benefits, starting with the antioxidants from the turmeric.
- contains 9 superfoods for protecting immunity and promoting sleep
- includes a full spectrum of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants
- using this stuff is SO much easier than having to source all of the specific superfood ingredients yourself
- helps support proper immune function
- contains Reishi and Turkey Tail, two powerful adaptogenic mushrooms
- Turkey Tail is a prebiotic that feeds beneficial bacteria in the gut
- Reishi is an adaptogen that can help decrease stress and increase mental clarity
- Organifi’s recipe contains a dose of turmeric that is 4 times more powerful than a regular turmeric root powder
- contains ginger, which promotes healthy digestion
- and so much more!
Now of course, you can absolutely use regular turmeric powder in this smoothie in place of the Organifi powder. But I wouldn’t be telling you about this product if I didn’t believe that it has an amazing amount of benefits, and was worth while to be putting in your smoothies.
The original intent for this turmeric powder was to be used in hot lattes, where you mix it with warm milk. And trust me, I drink it like that all the time before bed, but I have come to really love in a smoothie too! I mean, who doesn’t need a little stress support in their morning smoothie?
Drink it cold, or drink it hot, it doesn’t matter! You will love it either way. Turmeric has a warm, slightly spicy kick to it, and it goes perfectly with the sweetness from the fruit in this smoothie!
Let’s kick our immunity into high gear, my friends.
Looking for more smoothie recipes?
- Strawberry Basil Smoothie
- Pina Colada Matcha Protein Smoothie
- 3-Ingredient Cantaloupe Smoothie
- Mixed Berry Matcha Protein Smoothie
Healing Orange & Turmeric Smoothie
- 1 frozen banana
- ½ navel orange
- 1 scoop Organifi GOLD Tea
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- ⅓ cup Nutpods Oatmilk Creamer (or any dairy-free milk)
- ⅓ cup water
- handful of ice
- optional toppings: coconut flakes, cacao nibs
- Combine all of the ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend on high until smooth and creamy. Add coconut flakes and cacao nibs on top if desired.
* This post contains affiliate links, thank you for supporting what we do here at TWK!