IT’S WATERMELON SEASON.
My favorite time of year! I’m pretty sure Kenny and I eat our weight in watermelon every single summer, it really is the best time of year to get a really sweet, juicy watermelon. So basically after August, not so great.
We go through watermelon like no two people I have ever met, and Sloane is definitely our child because she can put down more than we can. It’s impressive.
One of my favorite things to do with watermelon is to blend it up and make flavored juices and drinks. It’s so versatile, you can do anything from plain juice, slushies, smoothies, lemonade, and limeade.
Today, we’re going with a watermelon limeade that is almost like a mocktail, if you will. It’s the perfect refreshing summertime drink that keeps you hydrated and will impress your friends.
All you need are a few simple, fresh ingredients. Watermelon, limes, manuka honey. That’s it! You don’t have to sweeten it at all if you don’t want to, but the honey adds a little something that really goes well with the sour lime juice.
The manuka honey that I used in the limeades is from Now Foods, and I love it so much. Manuka honey is native to New Zealand, and is a little more special than your average honey. Their creaming process creates a smooth, thick, strong flavored honey that is so perfect for this limeade.
Sweet and sour is everything you need in a limeade, am I right?
*This post is in partnership with NOW Foods, and all opinions are my own. I LOVE this honey!
3-Ingredient Watermelon Limeade
- 6 cups fresh watermelon , cubed
- juice of 2 small limes
- 1 tbsp manuka honey (or your sweetener of choice)
- Add all of the ingredients to a high powered blender and blend on high for about 30 seconds, until smooth.
- Save the limes after you have used the lime juice, and cut them into wedges. Pour the watermelon juice into a pitcher, add a few lime wedges to the pitcher, and let it sit overnight (or at least for a few hours in the fridge).
- When you are ready to serve, pour the limeade over ice and garnish with a lime wedge.