Vegan Spinach & Artichoke Dip
This Vegan Spinach & Artichoke Dip is so simple, creamy, and dairy-free! It has all of the traditional flavors of your favorite dip, just without the cheese. Serve it with bread, crackers, or veggies for the perfect appetizer.
Spinach & Artichoke dip was always a crowd favorite when I was growing up. I think all of that gooey creamy cheese just masked the vegetables that I probably wouldn’t have eaten much of when I was a kid. And this recipe is very reminiscent of the traditional spinach dip I loved so much!
Making a big platter of dips, crackers, bread, and veggies is always a crowd-pleaser. Whether it is for game day, a dinner party, or just for a special snack time treat, everyone loves dips!
I like to think of this recipe as a healthier version of the one we all love. I was able to make it super creamy with cashews to replace the cheese. Cashews are my new best friend when it comes to creamy vegan dishes. They work beautifully in this creamy dip, and give it a similar consistency to the real thing. You can use cashews for everything from nacho cheese, to cheesecakes, and even vegan parmesan.
This recipe requires very few ingredients, and comes together quickly, just like an appetizer should! All you need is a blender and a dish to bake it in, and you’re set. I used frozen spinach for this recipe, but feel free to use fresh if that’s what you have on hand.
A really important thing to note is to make sure you squeeze out as much water as you can if you are using frozen spinach. This makes a huge difference in the texture of the dip! You want your dip to be creamy, not watered down.
I hope you love this dip as much as I do! It’s creamy, cheesy, filled with vegetables, savory, and perfect with your favorite gluten-free baguette!
Looking for more dips and appetizers?
- Creamy White Bean & Goat Cheese Dip
- Vegetable Spring Rolls with Spicy Peanut Dipping Sauce
- Spicy Baked Kale Chips
- Quinoa Sausage Balls
- Roasted Garden Salsa
FOLLOW ALONG! Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest for my latest recipes!
Vegan Spinach & Artichoke Dip
- ¾ cup raw cashews soaked in water for at least an hour
- 1 cup artichoke hearts , drained and rinsed
- 3 cups frozen spinach , thawed
- ¾ cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 3 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Drain the cashews from the soaking water. In a blender, combine the cashews, milk, lemon juice, mustard, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Blend until very smooth.
- After you have thawed the spinach, make sure you get as much water as you can out of it by squeezing it in a dish towel. Add the spinach and artichokes to the blender, and only pulse a few times. You want to keep some of the chunky texture of the artichokes, so don't blend it until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a baking dish that is sprayed with non-stick spray. Sprinkle the vegan parmesan on top, and bake for 25 minutes. Then for the last 5 minutes, turn on the broiler to brown the top. (keep an eye on it when broiling because it can burn fast)
- Serve warm with gluten-free bread, crackers, or veggies.
Oh, this would be such a perfect snack to take to work, and I love the use of cashew cheese in place of dairy!
Definitely a great on-the-go snack 🙂