If you’re looking for a perfect side dish, this Roasted Cauliflower & Chickpeas with Dijon Vinaigrette will be your new go-to! All you need is one pan and minimal effort to create a delicious, healthy dish.
This is truly one of the easiest and tastiest dishes that is always a hit in my house. If you are looking to up your game on the roasted veggies, then this will do the trick.
I know a lot of people think of cauliflower as boring and bland, but I promise you can make it stand out when you roast it to perfection and put a delicious dressing on it! In this dish, it is crispy, flavorful, and so versatile.
I added chickpeas to the mix because they add a perfect crunch when they’re roasted. It also adds a hearty element to a simple veggie dish by giving it extra protein and fiber.
And can we talk about adding a dressing or sauce to our roasted veggie dishes from now on?! It takes it up about 12 notches and makes it so much more interesting! This dijon vinaigrette is to die for, and I put it on pretty much everything from veggies, to salads, and even use it as a dip. You only need very minimal ingredients that I’m betting you already have in your fridge and pantry.
I love this type of dish because you can serve it as a side dish, put it over rice, or top it on a crunchy salad. It is versatile, quick, and customizable. Feel free to use any type of dressing or vinaigrette you want, but trust me, you want this one.
Looking for more cauliflower recipes?
- Mashed Cauliflower with Kale
- Cauliflower Steaks with Avocado Aioli
- Cauliflower ‘Couscous’ with Sautéed Carrots & Leeks
- Cauliflower, Kale & Wild Rice Salad
Roasted Cauliflower & Chickpeas with Dijon Vinaigrette
- 1 whole head of cauliflower
- 2 (15oz) cans chickpeas , drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of salt & black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Remove the core and chop the cauliflower into florets, then place them on a large baking sheet. Drain and rinse your chickpeas, then add them to the baking sheet with the cauliflower.
- Season the cauliflower and chickpeas with 1 tbsp of olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss to make sure everything is coated.
- Roast for about 35-40 minutes, until the cauliflower is golden brown and the chickpeas are crispy. You may want to toss them around halfway through.
- Once done roasting, take them out of the oven and let them cool slightly.
- In the meantime, make the vinaigrette by combining all of the vinaigrette ingredients in a jar with a lid. Tighten the lid and give it a good shake.
- Transfer the cauliflower and chickpeas to a serving bowl and pour your desired amount of the vinaigrette over the vegetables. Toss to combine, then top with chopped parsley. Serve and enjoy!