Mocha Coconut Overnight Oats
Mornings are so much better when breakfast is waiting for you when you wake up.
My favorite thing about overnight oats is that it only takes a few minutes to prepare and you can grab it and go the next morning. This recipe combines two of my favorite things, chocolate and coffee. What more do you need?!
Kenny always gets this tasty mocha coconut flavored frappuccino at our favorite coffee shop in town, and it is SUH GOOD. I wanted to recreate it, but in some other crazy way rather than just a frappe. So, overnight oats it is. You can do whatever the heck you want when it comes to the flavors of overnight oats, so why not get a little creative.
If you’re a lover of chocolate, coffee and coconut, you will LOVE this. You are getting all of the flavors of a fancy frappuccino, but with extra staying power that will keep you full for hours. Throw it all into a jar, shake shake shake, and let it sit. In the morning, top it with some fruit, coconut chips and cacao nibs, and you have yourself a breakfast of champions.
- 2/3 cup GF whole oats
- 2 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 4 tsp cacao powder
- 2/3 cup non-dairy milk (I used almond milk)
- 2/3 cup strong brewed coffee, cooled to room temperature
- 2 tbsp real maple syrup
- Toppings: 1 tbsp cacao nibs, 2 bananas, 2 tbsp coconut chips
- In a medium sized jar, add 1/3 cup of oats, 1 tbsp shredded coconut, 1 tbsp chia seeds, 2 tsp cacao powder, 1/3 cup milk, 1/3 cup coffee and 1 tbsp maple syrup.
- Repeat with the second jar and the rest of the ingredients.
- Put the lids on the jars and shake vigorously, making sure that all of the ingredients are incorporated.
- Let the jars sit in the fridge overnight to thicken.
- When you are ready to eat, top with banana, cacao nibs and coconut chips.
Sadly my body and oats are kind of in a fight these days, but I’ll bet this would still be amazing with all chia seeds, right? Only one way to find out…
Oh heck yes, it would be great as a chia pudding! Let me know how it turns out!