Pumpkin Chai Protein Smoothie
It’s October, this means PUMPKIN ERRRRYTHING!
I love pumpkin recipes as much as the next person, but I just can’t bring myself to start posting pumpkin recipes on the blog until it is officially October. In Texas, it is still way too hot in September to actually start feeling like Fall, so I boycott until October. Whatever, the pumpkin food police can come arrest me.
Did you know that pumpkin + chai spice is one of the best Fall flavor combos ever created? Well, now you do, and you have to start using this combo in all of your recipes ASAP. You will not regret it. It’s not just about the pumpkin spice, people!
This smoothie is perfect for breakfast or post-workout because it is packed full of protein that will keep you full for hours. I used Vega Team vanilla protein, but you can use your favorite protein powder, just make sure it is a good quality brand that doesn’t have a bunch of weird added ingredients in it.
It is also has tons of vitamin A from the pumpkin, which is good for the skin and eyesight. There are only a few ingredients, but LOTS of big flavor. If you are not really a fan of chai spice, then feel free to use pumpkin spice, but I’m telling you, at least try the chai. I think you will love it.
Let’s toast to Fall and sweaters and boots and pumpkin everything!
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 3 pitted dates OR 1 frozen banana
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp each cardamom, ginger, cinnamon, allspice, cloves
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (more/less depending on how thick you want it)
- Put all ingredients into a high-powered blender and blend until smooth and creamy.