It’s fig season! It’s fig season! It’s fig season! My favorite time of the year. During fig season (which is basically like ONE month long, realistically), I become a fig eating maniac. I put figs on everything. Salads, oatmeal, straight to the face, etc.
This overnight oat concoction is definitely one of my favorites that I’ve ever made. The oat layer is pretty simple actually, its just oats, your non-dairy milk of choice, cinnamon, and chia seeds. Shake it up and you have your breakfast for in the morning.
But the toppings are the real star in this one. Soft, sweet figs, crunchy pistachios (why are those SO annoying to shell?!), and a healthy drizzle of honey. Ohhhhhh em geeeeeee. Make this ASAP, you will thank me later.
Pistachio & Fig Overnight Oats
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 1/2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3-4 large figs
- 1-2 tsp honey
- 2 tbsp shelled pistachios
- Add the oats, chia seeds, cinnamon, and almond milk to a jar that has a tight fitting lid. Shake up the ingredients and place it in the fridge overnight to thicken.
- When ready to serve, cut the stems off the figs and cut them into quarters.
- Give the oat mixture a stir, then top with the figs, pistachios, and drizzle of honey. Enjoy!