Chocolate Hazelnut Smoothie Bowl
Ahhh, the ever popular smoothie bowl. It’s everything you want in a creamy smoothie, as well as everything you want in a breakfast bowl with ALL the fun toppings. And this chocolate hazelnut combination is PERFECTION.
I seriously need to start putting hazelnuts on top of all of my smoothie bowls, not just the chocolate ones, because they are my new favorite. They are just crunchy enough to add some nice texture to the bowl, and they go perfectly with just about any other topping. For this bowl, I added in some cacao nibs, because you can never have too much chocolate, and coconut flakes for healthy fats and even more great texture. And of course, you can always rest assured that I am most likely going to use my favorite protein powder, Vega, because it seriously has the best taste and texture of just about any protein powder.
It has been getting pretty warm in the afternoons here in west Texas lately, so the smoothie bowls have been making a comeback. Oh, how have I missed them during the winter.
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder (I used Vega)
- 1 tsp maca powder (optional)
- handful of ice
- 1/2-3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Toppings: 2-3 tbsp chopped hazelnuts, 1 tbsp cacao nibs, 1-2 tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes
- Combine the banana, protein powder, maca, ice, and almond milk in a high powered blender, and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a bowl, and sprinkle the hazelnuts, cacao nibs and coconut on top. Enjoy!
This post is not sponsored by Vega, I just love them.