Dry brushing is an ancient practice that is really gaining popularity these days. It has so many benefits, and is quick and easy to do on a daily basis.
Benefits of Dry Brushing
– It can help flush pollutants from our body, dry brushing helps flush toxins that build up in cellulite deposits.
– It removes dead skin cells and naturally exfoliates the skin. I noticed much softer skin within the first few days of starting dry brushing.
– Improves overall skin tone.
– Supports the lymphatic system by stimulating the normal lymph flow throughout the body. Many of our lymph vessels run just below the skin, so this helps the body to detoxify naturally.
– It can reduce the appearance of cellulite! Research says that there is no real evidence of this one, but I have read that a lot of people have experienced positive results when it comes to cellulite reduction. I, personally, have noticed a difference on the back of my thighs since starting to dry brush.
– It increases circulation, which can give you increased energy.
– It only takes a couple of minutes, and produces great results!
1. Use a natural fiber bristle brush, and always using light to medium pressure when brushing, it should never be painful. Brush the bottom of your feet, and then work your way up your legs in long strokes going towards your heart.
2. Always brush towards the heart. Work your way up your leg, brushing all over, when you reach your hip, switch to the other leg.
3. Move up to your torso and brush in small circular motions on your tummy and chest. Be gentle in this are because your skin is more sensitive.
4. Make sure you get the back of your body too. Backs of the thighs, and then all the way up your back, going toward your heart.
5. Move on to your arms, start at your hand and go all the way up your arm, then switch to the other arm.