Zucchini is one of my favorite summertime vegetables. Along with corn, of course. So that’s why I’m combining them today in a light and delicious salad. When I saw this recipe over on The Healthy Apple, I knew that I had to recreate it.
This is definitely your stereotypical ‘summertime’ meal because it has all of these super summer vegetables. And even though this dish is purely vegetables, it is really comforting. Warm, hearty, yet light at the same time. My favorite kind of meal!
This recipe is SO easy to make at home. Seriously, you just saute up all of the veggies, mix them together, and boom, you’re done. I just freed up more time for you to spend laying by the pool. You’re welcome.
Recipe adapted from The Healthy Apple
Warm Zucchini & Corn Salad
- 3 large zucchini (or 5 small zucchini)
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 cups mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 cups spinach
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 tbsp of the oil and the zucchini to the skillet, season with salt and red pepper flakes, and saute until cooked and only slightly soft. Remove the zucchini from the pan and set aside.
- Do the same thing with the mushrooms and 1 tbsp of the oil and season with black pepper. Saute until brown. Remove from the skillet and set aside with the zucchini.
- Add the corn to the hot skillet and don’t touch it for 2-3 minutes. This gives it time to brown. Stir occasionally until corn is to your desired doneness. When the corn is almost done, add the spinach and stir frequently until the spinach is lightly wilted.
- Mix all of the vegetables together in a large bowl, and serve.