There are several reason you need to make this soup.
1. It is DE-licious.
2. It is warm, cozy and feels like a hug in a bowl.
3. It is cold and flu season, and chicken soup is the miracle food that will cure all ailments.
Okay, maybe not cure all, but it does wonders when you feel like you’re getting sick. It’s almost Christmas and no one wants to be sick during this time of year. AIN’T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT. So eat this broth-filled soup, and stay away from all of those gross germs. (I’m looking at you, grocery store basket.)
This warm bowl of goodness is full of nutritious things. We have protein from chicken, good carbs and fiber from brown rice, vitamins from vegetables, and all of those crazy health benefits from the broth. Have you heard about the health benefits from bone broth? It’s kind of crazy how healthy this stuff is for you. Let me give you a rundown…
Benefits of bone broth:
1. It is great for the immune system because of the high concentration of minerals.
2. It is great for your bones because of the phosphorus, magnesium and calcium that it contains.
3. It is a rich source of collagen, so it will make your skin look great.
4. It keeps your joints healthy because it contains glucosamine and chondroitin.
5. It is great for your digestive system and has been known to work miracles for leaky guy syndrome.
And those are only a few of the benefits! I have read lots and lots of research backing up all of the amazing benefits of bone broth, and the fact that it can definitely help us all out during flu season. (You get the most benefits when you make it yourself. Store-bought broths are not as nutritious.)
Because again, I don’t want to get sick. AIN’T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT. You need to be well and ready to finish all of that Christmas shopping that I know you still need to do. I’m with you. And we’re only 10 days away.
Oy. I’m off to eat soup, watch Christmas movies and NOT do my Christmas shopping. Yep, that’s the responsible thing to do.